|First Aid Kit Tips!
1) Carry a will stocked, organized, and waterproof first aid kit.
2) Carry a first aid kit that meets your activity, group, and
3) Check the items and medications for expiry dates and condition.
4) Store medications at proper temperature and away from sunlight.
5) Know how and when to use the items in your kit!
6) Six Rights Of Safe Medication Administration: Right Person, Right Medication,
Right Dose, Right Time, Right Route, and the Right Documentation!
Basic items in your kit:
- 8-4 x 4 gauze non stick weave Pain Relief:
- 4-4" cling wrap, Extra Strength Tylenol
- 1-Sam splint Advil
- 1 tweezers
- 4-triangular bandages Heart Attacks/Chest Pain:
- Benadryal Itch Relief Stick "bug bites" 80 mg chewable ASA aspirin,
2-epi-pens "they come in child or adult dose.
Anti Hestimine :Benadryl
1 CEL Z-Fold Hemostatic Guaze
- Variety of sizes band aids water proof
- Moleskin "blisters"
- Saw for cutting branches Wound Care:
- Paramedic scissors 60 cc syringe
- Aloe vera gel 100% "superficial burns" Betadine antiseptic Solution
- Wilderness first aid booklet Personal Protection:
- Pen and SOAP/Incident reports 4 pair "your size" non latex gloves
- Communication device Safety mask for CPR
- 2 rolls water proof adhesive tape
- 2-space blankets "warmth" Note: Read and Follow All Directions When Taking Medications or Other Drugs!
Below are some examples of
Improvised First Aid cases you can
use to store your items.